We pride ourselves on being more than just an online office supply wholesaler. Earlier this summer, ErosWholesale.com announced a contest where we would be giving away a $500 product donation to the charity who won our Facebook contest. Over the span of a few weeks, members of the Facebook community sent in their votes through the comment section of our post for the charity they believed was most deserving of the grand prize. After the voting closed and the results were tallied up, we were so blown away by the response that it made it difficult to choose a single winner — so we chose two!! Are you ready to find out which charities they are?
Drum roll, please!
The winning charities of Eros Wholesale’s $500 product donation contest are Silly Sock Saturdays and New Life Community Health Center! If you voted in the contest, we appreciate your submissions! Let’s learn a little bit more about our winners, who each will receive a grand prize donation of $500 to purchase cold weather accessories, school supplies, and other essential items available on our website.
First up, we have Silly Sock Saturdays. Here are 3 things you need to know about this deserving charity:
- It was founded by Zachary Kirkland, a 9th grader at Lake Wales High School in Florida. Zachary is a Boy Scout working on earning his Eagle Rank!
- The main focus of the organization is bringing joy to children in hospitals by providing them with differently designed socks filled with items such as coloring books or toys.
- His non-profit organization hopes to participate in many more activities to help members of their community.
Congrats to Zachary and the rest of the team at Silly Sock Saturdays on winning $500 worth of products and bringing happiness to those who need it the most! If you would like to help out Zachary and his heartwarming charity, feel free to check out their website at www.sillysocksaturday.com and consider making a donation. You can even donate socks directly through their registry with ErosWholesale.com.
Our second winner is the folks at New Life Community Health Center. Here are 3 things you need to know about the non-profit organization:
- New Life Community Health Center works to transform lives by providing health care tailored to the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of immigrants and the underinsured residents of west/central Queens, New York.
- Each summer, volunteers help with community health fairs. Over the years, they have cared for more than 3,500 people from over 84 nations.
- One of their main objectives is to encourage minority groups of young people to get involved in health care professions by providing mentorships, scholarships, and internships.
We applaud the selflessness of the volunteers at New Life Community Health Center for the care they give those less fortunate than others. If you are interested in volunteer opportunities with New Life Community Health Center, check out their website at http://www.nlchc.org/.
Congratulations to both winners!
Do you know a deserving charity? Want to make a meaningful donation? Consider buying cheap backpacks in bulk, or any of the other quality products available on our site.